Cyber Security 101: Everything You Need To Know
Cybersecurity is a set of techniques that protect online networks, programs, and data from attacks, and damage from unauthorized access.
It is also referred to as information security that practice of ensuring the confidentiality of information. It’s also an evolving tool for risk management approaches and training to protect devices, servers, and data from the attacks from hackers.
Why Cyber Security is Important?
In today’s era, the world relies too much on technology more ever than before. Everyone is now using the internet, all their information can be easily stolen. Credit and debit cards, a person’s detail information can be copied and used in crimes.
Not only that, even the government uses the internet to store a country’s important data. Most of the people nowadays use the computer as their tool to record every information. Before, they are just using the manual drawers when filing a large amount of data, but today, programs and servers are created to ease the old way of filing papers.
Since everything is digital and accessible, the risk of data breaching became bigger. A data breach can ruin a company’s reputation and partner trust. Because of a data breach, a company can lose critical data such as intellectual property, client’s data information, and so on. And when that happens, a business must pay its damages, an estimated cost of a data breach is $3.6 million.
Because of that, it’s important for organizations, businesses, and even the government to adopt and implement a strong cybersecurity method.
That’s why today, a lot of security companies are now offering a cyber-security program. You can check those at cyber security company hong kong.
Type of Cyber Security
- Network security – It controls the incoming and outgoing connections from network traffic to prevent threats from spreading on the network.
- Data Loss Prevention (DLP) – It focuses on the data by location, classification, and monitoring of information.
- Cloud Security – Focuses on the protection of data which is used by cloud-based applications.
- Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS) – It identifies cyber activity
- Identity and Access Management (IAM) – It uses authentication services to track down employee’s access to protect internal data from unauthorized entities.
- Antivirus/anti-malware – A program that scans a computer system for malicious and unknown threats.
Types of Cyber Threats
- Malware – software that contains computer viruses, Trojan horses, spyware, and loggers.
- Ransomware – it’ll encrypt the data until a certain amount is paid
- Phishing Attacks – it obtains information such as passwords, credit card information through an email, calls, or text messages
- Social Engineering – psychological manipulation of a person to obtain money, jewelry, and confidential information. To safe keep your jewelry, you may visit safe deposit box hong kong for more info.
- Advanced Persistent Threat – It’s when an unauthorized user gains access to the network and remain undetected for a certain period of time.
Cybersecurity is evolving rapidly and so the threats are. That’s why it’s a little bit difficult to stay up to date. Be fully informed and stay cautious online, don’t give your information too lightly to any unauthorized website and emails.
There’s nothing wrong with being too overprotective, because, in the end, it’s all about you and your data. So protect yourself and your business, be fully alert.