Websites have become an integral part of businesses regardless of the size of the organization. Every brand needs an online presence and a website is right at the centre of it. As a site owner, making your website visible to the right audience can be the cornerstone of a successful business. Since most users turn to search engines to look for products or services, all websites try to optimize their websites for search engines. The process of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) for your WordPress website involves analysis, insights, and relevant plugins. In this article, we will look at the top 3 WordPress plugins for SEO in 2018.
1. Yoast SEO
In recent years, the Yoast SEO plugin has become synonymous with SEO for WordPress websites. Yoast offers tips for developing content on your website making it SEO optimized. It is easy to use and has a wide range of features including:
- Suggesting SEO-compliant title
- Calculating the frequency of keywords
- Adding meta description
- Adding meta keywords
- Customizing the title for all sections of the website, etc.
It is available in free and premium versions. The free version offers all the features mentioned above along with a powerful tool for page analysis. The premium version, additionally checks for duplicate content, redirects old URLs and adds many other important features to the package.
2. All in One SEO Pack
The All in One SEO Pack is another great SEO plugin available to new and experienced WordPress users. The features include:
- Searching for broken links on the website
- Fixing the broken links from the dashboard itself
- Support for-
- Google Analytics
- Social Media
- Generation of meta-tags
- System status update
- Highlighting duplicate content across the website
- SEO integration for e-Commerce websites
It is available in free and premium versions. The premium version includes support for Google AMP, XML Sitemaps, etc. in addition to those offered by the free plan.
3. Squirrly SEO
Squirrly SEO allows you to manage SEO settings and strategy for SEO optimization. It works on the principle of offering knowledge, guidance, and relevant tools to get the maximum out of your SEO efforts. The features include:
- Faster speed of the plugin as compared to other SEO plugins
- You can optimize up to 5 keywords per page
- Free access to the support team
- Keyword analysis
- A marketing clarity assistant
- Readability checking tool
- Optimizing content for humans (and not just algorithms)
- Checking duplicate content
- Audit suite for SEO, blogging, traffic, social media, links, and authority audits
- Google Ranking checker, etc.
It is available as a freemium plugin – you can use all the features in the free version for basic requirements. For higher marketing requirements, you can opt for the Pro or Business plans.
While plugins can help you boost the power of your WordPress website, it is important to keep them updated and also optimize the WP-database regularly. Partnering with a host offering dedicated WordPress plans can ensure that technical tasks like updates, database optimization, etc. are managed by the host while you focus on your SEO efforts. Consider all aspects of your hosting requirements before selecting a host. We hope that these tools can help you maximize your SEO. Good Luck!