To ensure that your website is attracting humans, you need to build it well in tune with the millions of neurons in the human brain devoted to the act of visual processing. Physiologically, nearly about 30 percent of the cortex is dedicated for visual processing, and you need to know its significance on considering there is only 8 percent of the cortex is devoted for touch and nearly just 3 percent for auditory perception.
That is the reason why experts say that the images on the social media form a vital part of the entire content you want to share and desire to be reached to a maximum number of people. As humans can be considered primarily as visual beings, this visual element is the most important and here comes the importance of better web design. Let’s explore how to do it.
Elements to enhance your web design for social media
It is proven through studies that more than 90% of the snap judgments about different products are made based on color. No doubt that color is the most important, but the most complicated aspect of social media designs. Color helps to set the right mood, create an ambience, has the power of conveying emotions, and even help to deliver a substantial personalized experience.
Here is a quick rundown of color language for Like4Like:
Red ~ Energy
Orange ~ Aggressiveness
Yellow ~ Youthfulness and optimism
Pink ~ Feminine and romantic
Blue ~ Security and trust
Green ~ Nature and relaxation
Purple ~ Calm and soothing
Black ~ Sleekness and power
White ~ Peaceful and balanced
There are four balances one need to consider while doing designing.
All these play vital in the aesthetic aspects of any social media design.
- Symmetrical balance is ideal for creating illusions, graphics for blogs, drawings, and photographs.
- Asymmetrical balance helps create tension along with contrast and can be visually appealing if done in a balanced way.
- Radial balance is a typical balancing method in design which centres around a circle, extending from its centre and spreading out.
- Crystallographic balance is also known as an allover pattern, which is made with repeating elements of equal size and weight all over.
You need to have an in-depth understanding of web prints while planning to design social media sites. Typography is functional art. Selecting a font and size which works well together will surely bring your social media content to life. Typography has a significant role in how the content is being received and interpreted by the people and to share a strong message about your brand and offerings.
A few pro tips for choosing typography are:
- Try to limit to a maximum of three typefaces.
- Choose a font size which fits well with the medium you use.
- Conventionally, serif fonts are considered to be the most ideal, specifically sans-serif for the web
Along with these fundamental elements, never underestimate the power of simplicity while you do web design. Efficient use of white space also can help in highlighting the essential elements and even bring in aesthetic quality to your images.
Author bio: Harris is a leading blog writer and content marketing professional with thousands of real Instagram followers for his postings. Learn more about Like4Like Instagram technique on his blog.